Need a new washing machine or fridge-freezer?
Sheffield Credit Union are here to help. Our Household Goods Loans and School Essentials Loans are easy to apply for, flexible and affordable.
- Helping you purchase electrical and other household goods
- Available to new and existing members
- Apply for up to £400
- Repayments from just £3.50 per week for a £250 loan or £6.00 per week for a loan of £400
- Spread your repayments over up to 24 months
- 30.0% APR representative (loan issued at 42.6% APR, with interest rate reduction applied on providing proof of purchase, reducing to 30.0% APR)
- No loan arrangement fees, set-up costs or early repayment fees if you want to settle the loan early
You can apply for this loan if:
- You have joined as a member of Sheffield Credit Union (or were a Rothersave member)
- You have income of at least £400 per month (excluding housing benefit)
- You do not have more than 1 other loan with Sheffield Credit Union currently
- You are willing to commit to a savings plan of £1 per week
- You are not currently in an IVA (Individual Voluntary Agreement)
- You have not had a Debt Relief Order or Bankruptcy Order within the last 2 years
What Else Should You Know?
- In order for us to reduce the interest rate on your loan from our standard rate of 42.6% APR to 30.0% APR you will need to provide us proof, within 2 weeks of receiving the loan, that you used the loan to purchase qualifying items. Here are our additional terms and conditions.
- Depending on your credit record, you may be asked to have a benefit transferred to your Credit Union account, in order for you to make your loan repayments.
- All loans are provided subject to status and affordability. Please be aware that you may pay more interest and be subject to additional charges if your loan repayments are not received on time. Repayments are reported to Credit Reference Agencies including Experian which could affect your credit record if you do not keep up to date with your repayments.
How to Apply:
To apply, just click here. Don’t forget to send your bank statements so we can assess your loan application.